Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Grey Rectangles On My Footage

  1. #1
    Inactive Member bello7's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I need help here.
    I am using Avid Xpress Pro and I have just captured a footage from my Sony VX100e. The footage has about five grey rectangles scattered on it. Is this a resolution or format problem? I am working in PAL mode and my footage was captured in PAL.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member deanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 29th, 2000
    Posts
    1,082
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey there.

    Sounds like a problem with your camera. I think you have a burned out pixel or two.. or three.

    It's not a good sign I'm afraid. It can be fixed but it aint cheap.

    As for the footage you have already shot.. There is a few ways of fixing it in post... But they take time.

    Go shoot something else and play it back on a tv. See if the grey blocks are still there. That way you will know for sure either way if it's your camera or not.

    Despin out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member bello7's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Despin,

    All the footage I have shot are fine when viewed on TV monitor. The rectangles only appear when I am viewing the shots on Avid Xpress.

    bello7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •